Collections Page (CMS for Communities) throws and internal server error when a collection references a private list view
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-6082884 ·Reported By 2 users
An error will occur when accessing the Collections page from the Content Management Tile in Communities when a collection contained in the community references a private list view.
1. From any object in Salesforce create a new list view and ensure that anyone can access the list view.
2. Navigate to Setup > All Communities > Workspaces > Content Management.
3. Create a new CRM connection based on the object in step 1. (Salesforce CRM > Add CRM Connection)
4. Once the CRM Connection is created go to Content Management > Collections > New
5. Enter a Name of the Collection and select Salesforce CRM for the type. Click Next.
6. Select the object referenced in step 1 and then select the List View created in step 1.
7. Navigate back to the List View, Edit and set the list view to Private. Save.
8. Log into the org as another Community admin and navigate to Workspaces > Content Management > Collections.
An error will display in place of the Collections list.
Ensure that the List Views referenced in a Collection or not private. The only way to resolve is to reach out to the List View owner and have them set it to Public. If this is not possible then deletion of the Collection would be needed. If deletion of the Collection is needed then please open a case with Salesforce support.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.