Error is thrown when looking up email addresses from Email Action To field and selecting Account Contacts
Last updated 2022-06-08 ·Reference W-7376061 ·Reported By 8 users
The following error is thrown in Lightning when looking up email addresses from Email Action 'To' field and selecting Account Contacts when Platform Encryption is enabled on Email field in contacts.
"Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details."
1. Login into an org with Email-to-case enabled.
2. Enable platform encryption in the org and mark Email field on Contacts are platform encrypted field. (refer https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/spe_admins/spe_admins_set_up)
3. Create a case on account which has a contact
4. Go to Email Quick action on the case
5. Look up on the To email address and choose Account Contacts.
It is an expected behavior that we cannot add fields with Platform Encryption enabled in the Where clause of the query. When selecting Account Contacts, a query with the Contact Email in the Where clause gets generated. The error that is shown is not very clear and creates ambiguity.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.