Marketing Cloud links with > in the alias attribute cause exponentially growing number [Entity] tag insertions
Last updated 2019-08-16 ·Reference W-5647339 ·Reported By 4 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud April 2019 Release
Marketing Cloud links with the greater than symbol (>) in the alias attribute cause exponentially growing number [Entity] tag insertions, which can cause issues loading/editing the email.
- Create a text or freeform block
- Type some text, then select it and click the link icon to launch link properties
- Add in the desired UR
- Set the alias to be anything that contains alias >
- Click Ok, then switch to the HTML tab.
- Notice that the link href contains many !--[Entity] [/Entity] replacements. Switching back and forth between the Content and HTML tabs cause the number of [Entity] tags to grow exponentially.
- Do not use any > characters in link aliases
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.