Metadata API - Updating the profile and permission set with entity permission the permission dependencies are ignored
Last updated 7 days ago ·Reference W-7445748 ·Reported By 0 users
When using Metadata API, updating the profile with object permission there are times when the permission dependencies are ignored.
1. Create a 'TestA' Custom object.
2. Create a Master-Detail relationship on 'TestA' related to Opportunity object ( it can be any Standard object ).
3. Create a 'Standard Clone' custom profile cloning 'Standard User' profile.
4. Fetch the profile metadata using beelow package.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
5. Update the Child object perm to CRUDMV by adding below xml to update the 'TestA' object permissions to the fetched 'Standard Clone.profile' xml. To CRUDV
6. . Compress the zip.
7. Deploy the zip. There will bee no error and the state of the profile is now in bad state.
Actual Result - Deployment got successful even though Permission Dependencies are not satisfied.
Expected Result - Deployment should get failed with an error like this -
Permission Read All Test1__c depends on permission(s): Read All Opportunity
Note - This is an example for profiles but same applies to Permission Set updates as well
Edit the Profile from UI to update the changes.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.