Installed 2GP managed package shows no package components in orgs created from trialforce template
Last updated 2020-10-19 ·Reference W-7207469 ·Reported By 27 users
Installed 2GP managed package shows no components in orgs created from trialforce template, causing various issues including package upgrade failure.
1. Use sfdx to create a 2GP managed package, make sure to add some custom objects, tabs, etc as components, create a package version and promote to released status
2. Install above package in an org, and log a case to enable trialforce so it becomes a TSO, review the installed package and notice it shows number of objects/tabs correctly
3. Create a trialforce template from above TSO
4. In an environment hub org, use above template to create a trial org, review the installed package and notice it shows 0 objects/tabs
5. Use sfdx to release a new package version
6. Upgrade the package in the trial org created in step 4, and it fails
7. Uninstall the package from the trial org created in step 4, and notice those package components(objects, tabs etc) are left behind in the org, ie, they still exist as managed-installed
8. Reinstall same package and it also fails
Reported By (27)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.