"Save As" on Report Folder with View Permission: the folder picker dialog did not list read-only folders in lighting experience
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-6903950 ·Reported By 2 users
A user is allowed to save a report in a folder from which they have a view access and 'Edit My Reports' user permission. However in lightning experience, a user is unable to "Save As" [CLONE] a report created by others because the folder picker dialog does not display the folders despite the user having a "view" permission on them.
1. Login as a system admin.
2. In lightning experience, create 2 folders that can be shared to a standard user. In this example, please create MoveFolder and ShareFolder. Both of these folders, must be given a view permission to the standard user to allow access of reports.
3. Clone the Standard User profile and give the Cloned Profile with "Edit My Reports" permission.
Assigned this cloned profile to the standard user.
4. System Admin to create a report and save this to the SharedFolder.
5. Login as the Standard User
6. in lightning experience, edit the report that was created by the system admin from step 4.
7. Click Save As | Folder and click All Folders link
Saving the report to another folder like Private Reports or Public Reports and then moving it to the Shared view only access folder allows the functionality to still work.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.