Language URL Parameter added to address when hyperlinks are used in a formula field and the link is clicked on by the Guest User
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-6069781 ·Reported By 1 users
Language URL parameter is added to the destination URL when clicking a hyperlink( which are pointing to external urls) from a formula field in Lightning Communities
1. Create a custom object. let's call it "test custom object"
2. Create a custom field with "Formula" as data type and Text as formula return type. Name it as "Test hyperlink formula field", in advanced formula section provide HYPERLINK('https://www.salesforce.com', 'Salesforce' , '_blank') , make it visible to all profiles, save.
3. Go to sharing settings and ensure external access for this object is "Public read/Write"
4. Assuming you have a community created, make it publicly accessible, go to it's guest user profile and give read permission to "test custom object"
5. Go back to community builder and create a object page for "test custom object" and add it to navigation menu as well for easy navigation.
6. Add two languages to your community, for ex - French and en_GB. Publish your community.
7. Now create a data record for "test custom object".
8. Go back to live community and navigate to the data record created in step7 using navigation menu in step 5
9. Click on "Salesforce" hyperlink. Notice that the link opens "https://www.salesforce.com" in a new tab
10. Now open the community as guest user and click on "Salesforce" link. Notice that a language parameter gets appended to the url "https://www.salesforce.com" on the line of "https://www.salesforce.com?/language=en_US" which is incorrect.
Use a Rich Content Component or HTML Component instead of a formula field.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.