Task assignment notifications are not sent when tasks are created and assigned from a publisher action in Lightning for Outlook & Gmail
Last updated 27 days ago ·Reference W-6066157 ·Reported By 68 users
Users should receive a notification email when tasks are assigned to them when they have enabled the setting. The notifications are not sent when a task is created and assigned from Lighting for Outlook/Gmail with a publisher action.
1. The User who wishes to receive task notification emails enables the activity reminder email setting
- Setup | My Personal Information | Activity Reminders
- Mark the 'Email me when someone assigns me a task' checkbox
2. Make sure "New Task" publisher action available in LFO & LFG publisher layout
3. Login to Outlook or Gmail account and open any email
4. Launch LFO or LFG plugin
5. Click on "New Task" action available under '+ Create'
6. We can leave default Subject and Comments/description, change "Assigned To" to a different user (Refer step 1)
7. Click 'Save'
Expected Result: Task assignment notification email should be sent to "Assigned To" user
Actual Result: No email sent to "Assigned To" user
Create and assign the task from a supported web browser in the Classic or Lightning Experience UI.
Reported By (68)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.