View page is overridden by VF page, access level error occurs when clicking on "New Task" or "New Event" in related list for a PERSON Account in LEX
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-5999510 ·Reported By 0 users
- When a Visualforce page is configured for Account View page, creating a related list item on a Person Account shows an error.
- Actual Result
An error popup is shown, indicating the related list you're trying to view isn't in the layout.
- Expected Result
Should show the "New" page (i.e. "New Task" page)
1) The org must have Person Account enabled.
2) From Developer Console, create a new Visualforce page with the following content:
<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true">
<apex:detail relatedList="true" title="true" inlineEdit="false"/>
3) Override the View properties for Account from Setup > Accounts > Buttons, Links and Actions with the Visualforce page created in step 1.
3) Switch to Lightning and navigate to a Person Account. Create a new item in the account's related list, such as new Task.
4) Error is shown.
This works for Business Account. Also works on Classic for Person Account.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.