Service Console global search issues when 'View Feed' is selected
Last updated 2018-06-29 ·Reference W-5080566 ·Reported By 7 users
Service Console global search isn't working correctly when "Feed View" is being used; old search persists when a new search is made or when a new tab is opened
Note that this is specific to the Chrome and Edge browsers
1. Navigate to a service console app
2. Close any tabs that may be open within the console
3. Click on the object drop down on the very left of the console; on the line where you can select the list view, on the very right part of the screen are two buttons that can be toggled, labeled "View List" and "View Feed"; ensure "View Feed" is selected, and refresh the page (F5)
4. In global search, perform a search for 'Smith'
5. Close out the tab for smith
6. In global search, perform a search for 'Jones'
7. Observe that 'smith' is still in the search term box for the resulting tab and the returned records (if there are any) are also what was returned when searching 'smith'
8. Close the tab for jones
9. Press the '+' tab to open a new subtab within the console
10. Observe that 'smith' is still in the search term box for the resulting tab and the returned records (if there are any) are also what was returned when searching 'smith'
Please note that there are currently five workarounds that have been identified:
1. Refresh the page - not ideal because you would need to refresh the page for every new search
2. Always keep one tab open
3. Switch to 'list view' from 'feed view' from the object home
4. Keep using 'feed view' in the object home and make sure there is at least one feed item
5. Use pinned list view instead of full list view (Create -> Apps -> Console App -> Choose List Placement).
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.