Lightning Report, Formatted Export, Date and DateTime fields are not exported with user's locale format
Last updated 2019-01-17 ·Reference W-5114392 ·Reported By 32 users
There are two issues around this.
Lightning Report, Formatted Export, Date and DateTime fields are not exported with user's locale format.
Values for date and datetime fields are not formatted according to user's locale, thus not matching how it is displayed in Lightning.
When exporting the Task report as "Formatted Report", the date of Date Filed becomes one day before, when user's timezone is JST (GMT+08:00)
1) Log in, from Reports tab, create repoort which include "Close Date" and "Created Date", run and save in Lightning Experience.
3) From Reports tab, open the created report and look at values for "Close Date" and "Created Date" fields in the report.
3) Choose "Export" action, and select Formatted Report.
4) Choose "Export" action, and select Details Only -> .xls
After step #3: Values for Close Date and Created Date are in MM/DD/YYYY format, this is not expected.
After step #4: Values for Close Date and Created Date are in DD/MM/YYYY format, this is expected.
1) Login to Lightning Enabled org
2) Set your time zone to "(GMT+09:00) Japan Standard Time (Asia/Tokyo)"
3) Go to [Tasks] tab, click "▼" click "New Task"
4) On "New Task", type "test task" to "Subject", set "Due Date", then click [Save]
5) Click [Reports] tab, click [New Report]
6) On "Choose Report Type", select "Task and Events", click [Continue]
7) If no record shows up, click "All Time.",
8) Make sure "Date" field is included.
9) Run the report
10) Click [Save], on "Save" popup, type "R19382401" to "Name" and click [Create]
11) Click "▼" of [Edit] -> Export
12) On Export popup, click [Formatted Report], click [Export]
13) Open downloaded excel file, date become previous day.
Reported By (32)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.