Import Activity | Fields that are unmapped always prompt "all required fields in the data extension must have a mapping in your file"
Last updated 2020-05-08 ·Reference W-4867101 ·Reported By 3 users
Ordinal fields that are unmapped always prompt "all required fields in the data extension must have a mapping in your file" regardless of whether or not they are required fields or not.
1. Navigate to automation studio
2. Create Import definition
3. Named mc_test_list_mapping
4. Map to a file on the FTP
5. Choose Subscriber List as a destination object
6. Choose the option to Map Ordinally
7. Map the required fields ***Ensure that some profile attributes are left unmapped***
8. Select the add/update type or some type of update type in order to proceed
9. Save the import
10. Navigate back into the import that was just saved
11. Click Edit
12. Go to the "mapping" page
Note that you are prompted with the message "all required fields in the data extension must have a mapping in your file"
Type something into an ordinal field then delete it and you will be able to progress through the saving process.
Create a new import definition.
Utilize one of the other options for mapping such as manually mapping.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.