NullPointerException error with an ID of (-1834087209) when creating records in Lighting Experience and Lightning Communities
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4632144 ·Reported By 3 users
Users without the permission "View Roles and Role Hierarchy" will receive the following error when creating records in Lighting Experience and Lightning Communities:
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1937889465-25467 (-1834087209)
This occurs if the Object that you are creating a record on is associated with an active or inactive Duplicate Rule that contains filter criteria using the Current User Role field.
1. Create a Matching Rule on an object such as Leads. Activate the Rule.
2. Create a Duplicate rule and select the Matching Rule created in step 1. For the filter criteria select "Current User Role: Role Name" and enter any condition.
3. Save and activate the duplicate rule.
4. Create a user and ensure their profile does not have "View Roles and Role Hierarchy" enabled.
5. Login as this user, ensure you are using the Lighting Experience UI and then create a new Lead.
6. You should receive two pop up errors first will state "Event Fired" and the second will display the error with the error ID number (-1834087209).
Two options are available here:
1. You can enable the "View Roles and Role Hierarchy" permission on the affected user profile.
2. Remove the conditions on the Duplicate Rule that uses the User Role Object in the filter criteria.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.