Customer Community user licenses have Modify/View All permissions on custom objects but Plus and Partners do not
Last updated Yesterday ·Reference W-3809874 ·Reported By 179 users
At this time it is possible to grant View All and Modify All permissions on profiles using the lesser Customer Community user licenses. Licenses above this type (Customer Community Plus and Partner Community) do not have these permissions available.
1. Create a profile based on the Customer Community user license
2. Once the profile is created edit the new profile and access a custom object permission.
3. Note you are able to set Modify All and View All for the custom object
4. Now do the same steps for the Customer Community Plus or Partner Community user licenses.
5. You will notice that the View All and Modify All permissions are not available for custom objects.
None. If you upgraded a user from the lesser Customer Community to either Customer Community Plus or Partner Community and need to revert the change, you will need to deactivate the user and then create a new one using the previous license type. This is discussed here:
Please note that moving forward you should not be using the Modify All or View All permissions for Customer Community User license types. Once this known issue is resolved, the intention is to remove these permissions from the license. It was not intended to grant Modify All and View All for Customer Community Plus user licenses. So the permissions for the Plus licenses will be unchanged.
Reported By (179)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.