Translation Labels are saved to incorrect page layout sections if there are duplicate section names
Last updated 2020-04-06 ·Reference W-4663184 ·Reported By 17 users
Deploying translated labels for page layout section is saved to incorrect section in presence of layout sections with duplicate names.
1. In an org with Translation Workbench enabled, create a page layout for any object.
2. Create a couple of sections on the page layout and provide dupilcate labels, for example:
3. Retrieve the CustomObjectTranslation metadata by adding Object,Layout & CustomObjectTranslation in package.xml , for example: for Spanish language , Account object
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
4. Provide the <label> values for <sections> in <Object>-es.objectTranslation file, e.g. Account-es.objectTranslation
5. Deploy the changes, go to :
Set up > Translation Workbench > Translate
Then, select Language, Setup Component : Layout Section , Object: Object name , e.g. Account as in above example
Notice that the translated labels are appended to incorrect sections
Do not use Duplicate labels for Sections on page layout
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.