Editing the Navigation Menu throws an Error if any menu item is assigned a default list view that is inaccessible to the current user
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4652829 ·Reported By 1 users
The following internal server errors will display when editing the navigation menu in Community builder. This is caused when any of the menu items are assigned a default list view not accessible by the current user. (-371065981 / 1857230698)
1. Login as an admin user to the org.
2. Create a new list view for any standard or custom object in the org, and set 'Restrict Visibility' to 'Visible to all users'.
3. Open a community in builder and add a new navigation menu item:
a. edit the Navigation menu.
b. Add a new 'Saleforce Object' Navigation menu item for the object from #2.
c. For the 'Default List View', select the list view created in #2.
6. Exit builder and edit the list view you created in #2, and set its visibility to 'Visible only to me'.
7. At this point, you need to log in to the org as a different admin user (or a user who has create and setup communities). Create a new admin user if necessary, and login as that user.
8. As the other admin user, open community builder and edit the navigation menu.
9. Add a new menu item or modify the label of an existing menu item (except for the item created in #3).
10. Click on 'Publish'.
Either ensure that the list view assigned to the affected menu item is visible to all users or change the default list view for the menu item to Default or another list view accessible to everyone.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.