Lightning Dashboard: Standard user can see the 'Edit' button but upon clicking on save, user is getting generic error message.
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-4644002 ·Reported By 355 users
Lightning Dashboard: Standard user can see the 'Edit' button but upon clicking on save (save is unsuccessful) , user is getting generic error message instead of a meaningful message
1. Clone "Standard User" profile
- Check "Create and Customize Dashboards"
- Check "View My Team's Dashboards" and save the profile.
2. Create new user, set profile created step 1
3. Enable Lightning
4. Create Dashboard on Lightning
5. Put component to Dashboard
6. Grant "Can edit" access to user created in step 2
7. Please make sure, you (System Administrator) can edit the Dashboard .
8. Login as a user created in step 2, switch to Lightning UI if it's classic.
9. Show the dashboard created in step 5 and click [Edit] on the right top, change component size, or change location.
10. Click [Save]
11. You are seeing generic error message "We're having trouble processing your request. Try again, or ask your Salesforce admin for help."
This is due to restriction of standard user, and more meaningful message should be shown.
Go to dashboard-> Edit it-> click on gear icon i.e. 'Settings' and change the view as to 'Me' and standard user will be able to save the dashboards as well.
Note: This functionality is working as designed and will not be changed. This known issue is to reflect the vague error message received. When this known issue is closed, the fix will be more intuitive error messages for the end user.
Reported By (355)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.