Marketing Cloud | Shared data extensions | Unable to delete a field under a child BU that has been deleted previously
Last updated 2021-10-28 ·Reference W-4612884 ·Reported By 1 users
When attempting to delete a field out of a shared data extension that has previously been deleted (with the exact same field name) in a business unit of an Enterprise 2.0 account, the deletion attempt fails.
1. Navigate to the top level ent 2.0 account
2. Create a Shared DE with a field named 'mc_test'
3. Delete the field 'mc_test'. This operation is successful
4. Create a new field with the same name 'mc_test'
5. Navigate to a child BU
6. Delete the field 'mc_test'
Expected result: The field 'mc_test' is successfully deleted
Actual result: The field 'mc_test' still exists and an error is logged on the back end. There is no error within the MC UI to indicate failure.
1. Deleting the field within the top level ent 2.0 account is successful
2. Within a child BU, rename the field (to something that has not been deleted previously) prior to deleting it
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.