Predefined field value for Order Status does not populate for quick actions when a custom picklist value is present on the Order Status Field
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4581600 ·Reported By 2 users
The Status field for Order quick actions does not populate the predefined value when a custom picklist value (Not Draft or Activated) is present on the field. This occurs on the Classic UI when using the standard layout type (not feed based) or Lightning Experience.
1. Log into the org as the admin.
2. Create a New Order action from an Object that is a parent of the Orders object (e.g. Lookup on Orders to the Account object).
3. Set a predefined value for Status to "Draft"
4. Navigate to the parent object (Account) page layout (Standard Layout) and add the new action to the layout. Save.
5. Navigate to an Account using the page layout modified in step 4.
6. Click on the Feed and select the New Order action. Note the Status field has the value of "Draft" pre-populated.
7. Navigate to the Order Status field in Setup.
8. Add a new picklist value to this field with any Label and API Name. Save.
9. Now navigate back to the example Account record and select the “New Order” quick action again (Lightning and Classic).
10. The Status field will show as "None"
It appears that this does not affect feed based layouts so that may be an option when using the Classic UI.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.