Duplicate Email Addresses Not Showing in Lightning Case Email Publisher
Last updated 2021-08-24 ·Reference W-4519893 ·Reported By 75 users
When viewed in Lightning, when there are duplicate email addresses to be populated by the Case Feed Email Publisher, one of those emails will not display in the "From" field.
Email addresses are populated from the following:
- Organization-Wide Email Address
- User Record
- User Email Settings
There is no issue viewing "From" email addresses when viewed in Classic, or no duplicated email addresses exist in the list above.
This problem is obvious when different "From Names" exist, and are expected, for the same email address.
1. Enable email action within the Case feed for both Classic and Lightning in the Case page layout.
2. Create a new Org-Wide Email Address, (e.g. email@example.com) with Display Name "OrgWide"
3. Update local user Email Settings (under My Settings-->Email-->Email Settings) to the above firstname.lastname@example.org, and Email Name "EmailSettings"
4. Observe in Classic, that both "OrgWide" and "Email Settings" are present.
5. Observe in Lightning, Case -> Email Quick Action only "OrgWide" is present for user to pick
- Article Explaining this behavior: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000362907&type=1
- Modify email setup so no duplicate email addresses are present.
- Utilise Salesforce Classic for sending emails via the Email Publisher.
Reported By (75)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.