Users without Override Forecasts perm still see option to override their forecasts in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4414977 ·Reported By 0 users
With Collaborative Forecasting, users see the option to override their own forecast in Lightning even if they do not have the Override Forecasts perm.
Once the user without Override Forecast Perms, clicks on the Pencil icon, and enters an override amount and clicks on Save, user gets an error message:
“Something went wrong. We can't save this record right now. Please refresh the page and try again.”.
1. Enable Collaborative Forecasting (Setup | Forecasts Settings), enable Forecast and check "Enable Owner Adjustments".
2. Clone “Standard User” profile and name it as “Standard Cloned User”. For “Standard Cloned User” profile, uncheck “Override Forecasts”. Also, under “Tab Settings”, set Forecasts value to “Default On”.
3. Create a new user and assign “Standard Cloned User” profile and check “Allow Forecasting” on that User record
4. Enable Lightning experience
5. Login as user created earlier in Step 4
6. Switch to Lightning experience
7. Navigate to Forecasts tab (notice pencil icon against cells in Commit and Best Case column)
8. Click on pencil icon on any of the records, enter an override amount and Save
Result: An error message is shown - “Something went wrong. We can’t save this record right now. Please refresh the page and try again”.
Users who do not have permission to override forecasts should refrain from attempting to add forecast overrides, and ignore the pencil icons shown on forecasts in Lightning.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.