Journey Builder Wait Actvities can improperly send people through the wait immediately if saved incorrectly
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4400858 ·Reported By 6 users
If you change a wait activity from a "wait by attribute" to duration type wait in an improper order, the duration will not function properly and contacts will move directly through the activity without waiting any amount time.
1) Create a Journey with an event that will inject contacts when activated
2) Drag a random split onto the canvas with a 1 minute wait before it
3) Configure the two following waits to be "Wait by Attribute"
4) Drag Random Splits onto the canvas after each configured wait
5) Set the Journey to Re-Entry Anytime
6) Activate the Journey
7) NOTE: They move right past the "wait by attribute" activity because of the behavior of wait by attribute for a NULL lookup
8) Before you create a new version, on the canvas, click on the wait activities currently configured to by "Wait by Attribute" > Set them to "By Duration" > Click Done
9) Note, the canvas changes to reflect this
10) Now click New Version
11) Change those activities from 1 Day to 7 Day waits and activate the Journey
12) NOTE, the contacts pass right through the wait
Remove the activities and recreate them versus modifying them. This will avoid the behavior.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.