Lightning for Outlook attachments fail to add to Salesforce with a notification error
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4249690 ·Reported By 14 users
When associating some emails with attachments using Lightning for Outlook the attachments may fail and in the "Notifications" area of Lightning for Outlook the error "Email Attachments: Some attachments may have failed to download, please review the appropriate record in Salesforce for accuracy" will display.
1. Select an email in Outlook.
2. In the Lightning for Outlook side panel check that the attachment/s are checked to associate along with the mail item
3. Select the icon in the side panel to associate the email to the suitable record in Salesforce.
4. Dialog boxes will state the email and attachments are associated with the record in Salesforce
5. After a few minutes the Notifications area in the panel will show the error around "Email Attachments"
- Uncheck the association checkbox in the side panel for the errored association
- Restart Outlook and try the association again.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.