Unable to deactivate record type when deployed through change set due to existing CBS sharing rules using record type field
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3287479 ·Reported By 2 users
When trying to deactivate a record type through change sets if you have a criteria based sharing rule that references the record type field the change set will fail due to a sharing rule.
1. Setup OWD on Accounts (any entity will do) to something more restrictive that Public Read/Write
2. Enable account record types
3. Create two record types: Type1 and Type2
4. Create account CBS Rule using condition Account.RecordType=Type1
5. Create a change set that would deactivate Type2
6. Deployment of the change set will fail.
Manually deactivate the record type.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.