Data Import Wizard - Custom Contact Fields are hidden from mapping page if there is no active Account record type
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3218618 ·Reported By 1 users
Custom Contact Fields are hidden from mapping page if there is no active Account record type.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a custom field on Contacts. Do not add it to the default Contact Layout.
2. Create one page layout on Contact and add the custom field to it.
3. Create two record types on Contacts. Each with a different page layout.
4. Make sure that there is no active Account record type assigned to the profile.
4. Open the DIW > Accounts and Contacts > Upload any CSV > Next.
5. Open the mapping page.
Since there is no record type selection on the Advanced Options for Contacts, all fields on the Contact object should be available for mapping.
The field is not available for mapping as its not on the default page layout.
Please make sure that an active Business Account record type is assigned to the profile. You can also use Apex Data Loader.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.