Duplicate Live Agent Chats in Omni-Channel Widget
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3207113 ·Reported By 8 users
When chats are waiting in queue and an agent using the Omni widget goes available for chat, occasionally the user will get duplicate (ghost) chats of the chats that they actually receive.
From the agent's perspective, it may seem that they are over capacity when, in fact, the duplicate chats cannot be accepted.
1. Configure your environment for Live Agent and Omni-channel.
2. Create a Chat Button that has a 30 second timeout, reroutes declined chats an infinite number of times, uses the Most Available routing method and does not have auto-accept enabled.
3. Associate a Skill and ensure there is a Routing Configuration associated with a Queue that supports Live Agent Transcripts.
4. Set the Presence Configuration to a capacity of 2.
5. Log in as two different agents that handle the skill for your button, making one Available for chat.
6. Queue up 4 chats with a noticeable gap between requests (15 seconds for instance).
7. With the agent that is still offline, go available for chats in the Omni widget.
Agent receives chats until they hit capacity. Each chat is unique.
Occasionally, when going online, duplicate chats will appear in the widget, seemingly putting the agent over capacity.
They will be identifiable as duplicates because the running timer (showing how old the chat is) will be the same as another chat in the widget.
NOTE: You may need to repeatedly go offline and online with this agent until the issue reproduces, as it is intermittent.
This tends to occurs most often in periods of high chat volume.
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.