Dashboard Drill down to filtered source report returns no records when there is a comma in the drilled-down value, and character count exceeds 40
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3203438 ·Reported By 3 users
If a stacked bar summary chart uses a picklist value that includes a comma and exceeds the character length of 40, the drill down version of the report does not show any results.
(1) Create a picklist value that contains a comma and exceeds 40 characters in length.
(2) Create or update records to include the aforementioned picklist value.
(3) Create a report that includes a 2 level grouping. The outer group by should be on a date field and the inner one should be in the above created pick list.
(4) Add this report into a new dashboard.
(5) Hit the wrench icon on the edit dashboard page. Add record count as X-axis, date field as Y-axis and picklist as the group by fields.
(6) Run the dashboard and drill down into the both the shorter picklist value and the longer one.
(7) The shorter picklist shows an accurate filtered source report, while the longer one does not.
- Shorten the picklist value to less than 40 characters
- Remove the comma from the picklist value
- Replace the comma with another character (like a semi-colon)
- After running the report, edit the report and place quotations around the entire picklist value.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.