Unable to Reply to Emails in LEX Case Feed
Last updated 2018-03-23 ·Reference W-4277505 ·Reported By 46 users
Users are unable to Reply, Reply to All, or Forward emails from the Case Feed within Lightning Experience.
In any Lightning enabled org w/ Email-to-Case and Case Feeds.
1. Switch to Salesforce Classic.
2. Create a Case record.
3. Once created, use the Email Action to send an email to any address/recipient.
4. Confirm the email message posts to the Case Feed.
5. Switch to Lightning Experience.
6. View the Case record created in Step 3.
7. From the Feed, click the View Email link from the drop-down (near the "To" line).
Reply, Reply to All, and Forward buttons are visible on Email Detail page.
Reply, Reply to All, and Forward buttons are not available.
Until these buttons are added to the Email Message Detail page for Cases in Lightning Experience, affected organizations have the following workarounds available:
Option 1: Switch to Salesforce Classic to utilize missing functionality.
Option 2: Add the *Salesforce1* Send Email action to affected Case Page Layouts. After this is done, clicking the Send Email action on Lightning Case Feeds will reply to the last email.
This issue will be resolved as part of the upcoming Spring '18 major release.
Reported By (46)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.