"Invalid Cross Reference ID" when transferring records to yourself in Lightning.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3188437 ·Reported By 18 users
In Summer'16, users with the right permissions to transfer records may not be able to transfer records in Lightning.
1. Log into the organization with the affected user.
2. Make sure the user has the appropriate permissions to transfer records.
3. Transfer a record in the Classic interface to yourself and back to the original owner to make sure you have the right permissions.
4. Switch to Lightning Experience.
5. Open the same record and change the owner to yourself.
6. The error message: "Invalid Cross Reference ID" is displayed in the screen.
You can change the ownership of the record in the classic interface.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.