Y-Axis interval is showing incorrect number in a dashboard component
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3031570 ·Reported By 1 users
In a report, the chart Y-Axis is showing 0, 1,000,000.00, 2,000,000.00.... etc in USD. However, adding this same report with the same chart properties in a dashboard, the Y-Axis interval number may show as follows 1,000.00, 2,000.00, 3,000.00.. USD(Millions). This creates a confusion as a user may read the 1,000.00 in billions.
1. The org must have multicurrency feature enabled. Corporate Curreny is HKD
2. The user's currency is set to HKD.
3. Go to Setup | Company Profile | Manage Currencies
4. Add Currency Code USD with exchange rate value of 0.129 against 1 HKD
5. Create a custom object
6. Create the following custom fields:
a. Amount - Currency(16,2)
b. BU Target - Currency(16,2)
c. Data Year Quarter - Text(15)
d. Type - Text(255)
7. Create sample records to be used in a report where currency values in millions. Data year Quarter values are 2016Q2, 2016Q3, etc.
8. Create a Matrix report
9. Set "Type" field as row grouping
10. Set "Data Year Quarter" as column grouping
11. Summarize Amount (Sum)
12. Summarize BU Target (Sum)
13. Click Show button
- Remove Record Count
- Show Drop Zones
- Show Chart
- Currencies Using - USD
14. Add Vertical Stacked Chart
15. In the chart editor, go to Chart Data tab and do the following settings
- Y-Axis = Sum of Amount
- X-Axis = Data Year Quarter
Group By = Type
Vertical Chart Type = Stacked
- Check Plot Additional Values
- Display = Line
- Value = Sum of BU Target
16. Click Run & Save
17. Go to Reports Tab and click New Dashboard
18. Add Vertical Bar Chart as the component dashboard
19. Go Data Sources and select the report that you just created. Then drag this to the Vertical Bar Chart component.
20. Click the wrench icon to show the component editor
21. Check the option box Use chart as defined in source report.
22. Click Ok button and Save the dashboard.
Actual Result: the Y-Axis interval number is showing 1,000.00 USD (Millions)
Expected Result: the Y-Axis interval number should be showing 1.0 USD (Millions)
No workaround at the moment.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.