Page layout cannot be saved if there are the same name "deleted" layouts in other object and in a managed package
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3031283 ·Reported By 18 users
The error below is displayed when trying to save a page layout if there is a deleted page layout with the same in other object and in a managed package.
This page layout name already exists or has been previously used. Your changes were not saved."
1. Create a custom object and a page layout (pagelayout1).
2. Create a package and add the custom object
3. Set namespace and make the package managed
4. Upload the package as released managed
5. Create another custom object, add one page layout which name is as the same as pagelayout1 (pagelayout2), add them to the package and upload it as released managed
6. Remove pagelayout1 and upload the package as released managed
7. Edit pagelayout2 and save it
There is no workaround at the moment.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.