Record Type creation allows duplicate Record Type Label values when created by a managed package
Last updated 2020-10-16 ·Reference W-4833323 ·Reported By 2 users
When a Record Type is created by a managed package installation or upgrade, the process will allow duplicate Record Type Labels to be created even though this is a unique field.
In a Dev Org:
1. Create/login to a Developer Org
2. Navigate to Setup | Customize | Accounts | Record Types
3. Create a new Record Type with any Record Type Label and Record Type Name. (For example, Business.)
4. Navigate to Setup | Create | Packages
5. Create a namespace and associate it with a new package.
6. Add the Record Type you just created to the package.
7. Upload as released version.
In a Subscriber Org:
8. Create/login to a Subscriber org
9. Navigate to Setup | Customize | Accounts | Record Types
10. Create a new Record Type using the same name as in Step 3 (Business)
11. Install or upgrade to the package you created in Step 7.
Notice that the package installs with no error, and if you navigate to the Setup | Customize | Accounts | Record Types, you will see two Record Types with the same Label (Business).
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.