Specifying a required password for install of package created in packaging org is not prompting for the password during install in subscriber org.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-4792581 ·Reported By 29 users
Two issues with the same underlying root cause:
1.) Installkey is not getting set via CLI in Salesforce DX when you execute force:package1:version:create command
2.) Specifying a password for install of package created via packaging org using PackageUploadRequest is not prompting for password during install.
Issue #1- Salesforce DX
1) Authenticate via CLI to my packaging org (email@example.com / yourpassword ) and a subscriber org (firstname.lastname@example.org / yourpassword).
2) Create package versions using force:package1:version:create and add --installationkey 123456
3) Create package versions via packaging org UI and set password during package upload
4) Install package versions created via UI and via CLI in the subscriber org via UI and CLI.
5) You will be prompted for password / install key only for package versions created by UI but not for package versions created via CLI
6) Also, in the packaging org UI, the "Password Protected" checkbox in the package version detail page remains unchecked for package versions created via CLI with --installationkey.
Issue #2 - PackageUploadRequest
1.) In packaging org, make PackageUploadRequest Rest POST call:
with below body, for example:
2.) Upload the package for installation in your subscriber org with the required link.
3.) You will be able to install the package without getting prompted for the password that should be required.
There is no workaround.
Reported By (29)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.