Error when accessing Community via Builder when Audience criteria has apostrophe via a User text field
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4668364 ·Reported By 3 users
When you assign an Audience to a Community component and the Audience has criteria set by User.LastName and includes an apostrophe in the name, such as "O'Leary", it results in an error and the Builder become inaccessible.
Navigate to a Community in Setup and click on "Builder"
Add a Rich Content Editor component to the page
Add an Audience and create one that has the following criteria for visibility: User object, LastName field and enter a name with an apostrophe like "O'Leary"
Assign Audience to the Component and then refresh the page or reopen Builder
Builder will no longer be accessible and you'll get an error
Once you've added the Audience (with an apostrophe) to the Component, the only workaround to fix the issue is:
1. Go to "All Communities" and click on "Workspaces" beside the problematic community.
2. Go to "Administration | Pages" and click on "Go to Site.com Studio".
3. Once site.com studio has finished loading, click on the "Site Actions" icon (small cog in top right of screen), and select "Export This Site".
4. When prompted, specify a local location to save the site export, and wait for the file download to complete.
5. After the download is complete, click on "Site Actions" again, and select "Overwrite This Site".
6. When prompted, select the file downloaded from #4, and click on 'Overwrite'.
7. After the upload is complete, go back to the "All Communities" view and click on "Builder" to open the community in community builder.
8. Click on "Publish" to publish the community.
***Be very CAREFUL when doing this. Ensure you have exported the site and then immediately upload to overwrite it with that export. Be certain you are overwriting with the correct file. It's always best to test this in Sandbox if possible, but we have verified this as a successful workaround.
Once you've overwritten the Community, go into Builder and navigate to the assigned Audience of the component and edit it to remove the apostrophe.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.