Email to Case - Email body missing when email footers are Enabled for cases created using workflow email alerts.
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4531425 ·Reported By 3 users
Email to Case - Email body missing when email footers are enabled for cases created using workflow email alerts.
Issue occurs only when:
1. Org has setup On-Demand Email-to-Case/Email Services.
2. "Organization-Wide Email Footers" are enabled under "Setup | Email Footers".
3. Workflow rule with Email Alert action is created and recipient is set as On-Demand Email-to-Case Service Address.
1. Login to Salesforce and open object's record (for which Workflow is created).
2. Make the changes which fires the Workflow email alert logic.
3. Once Workflow is fired, an email alert will be sent to E2C service address.
4. Search for newly created case and verify that only the Org-wide Footers will be displayed instead of complete email body.
(A) In Classic:
- New case gets created but only Email Footers appears and actual email body from HTML template missing on both "Case Description", "Case Feed Email" and on the "Email Preview" under Emails Related list. To view full email body user has to click "Click here to view HTML version" available on the email.
(B) In LEX:
- Email Footers appears and actual email body from HTML template missing only on Case description field. Full email body appears as expected under Case Feed and in Email Preview under Emails related list
Disable the "Organization-Wide Email Footers" on Org till the issue is fixed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.