Predefined value set on Related To field in Task object within a Quick Action throws an error only in lightning
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-4544588 ·Reported By 26 users
Using a quick action task button, this may throw an unknown error on lightning experience only. This happens when you set the quick action with predefined value Related To field with any of the lookup field.
The error in UI shows "Review the errors on this page."
1. Create a custom object call "BO",
2. Create another custom object called "lookup" and under "customer fields & relationships", Create a custom lookup field to reference to BO object
3. Under "lookup" object, "Buttons, links and Actions ", Create a new Action named "sfdc task" having the following setup:
Target Object = Task
Action Type = Create a Record
Relationship Field = Related To
Create Feed Item = Check
Predefined values =
Field Name: Related To
API Name: WhatId
Field Type: Lookup
Value: Lookup__c.BO__c5. A
5. Add this quick action in the page layout both in the Quick Action Classic Publisher and Salesforce Mobile and Lightning experience Action.
6. Switch to lightning
7. create a record on BO object.
8. Create a record lookup object and set the custom lookup field value with the BO record created from step 7.
9. Under new lookup object record, find "sfdc task" button. when you create a new one, you can find "Related to " field is already related to a BO object, and save, you will get the error
Switch to Classic to create the task.
Reported By (26)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.