Potential Duplicates Component in May Not Function when a Condition is Set on the Duplicate Rule
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4516491 ·Reported By 16 users
Potential Duplicates card (Lightning Component) may not show proper existing duplicates if fields in duplicate rule condition are not present in associated matching criteria. This is not entity-specific.
1. Created a very simple custom matching rule in Lead.
a. Email Exact MatchBlank = False
b. Phone Exact MatchBlank = False
2. Created a custom duplicate rule in Lead
Record Level Security - Bypass sharing rules
Action on Create / Acton on Edit = Allow
Operations on Create/Edit = Alert and Report are checked.
Matching rule is equal to the custom matching rule created from step 1.
Add Condition: Lead Source EQUALS WEB
3. Active Lead Matching rule and duplicate rule created in Step 1 and 2
4. Create unique lead record in Aloha to meet the matching rule criteria and conditions set in the duplicate rule.
RecordType = General
LastName = Test100
Company = Test100
Phone = 321654
lead source = web
lead status = working - contacted
5. Create a new record same as created in Step 4. Ignore the duplicate warning and Save it
6. Open the record created in Step 4. Potential duplicate card shows "We found no potential duplicates of this lead".
Removing the 'Condition' on the Duplicate Rule will allow the component to function.
Duplicate Warning will continue to function on record creation.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.