In Lightning, Dashboard Component with Label ascending settings may still result to show the label in descending order (and vice versa)
Last updated 2019-03-19 ·Reference W-3506592 ·Reported By 51 users
Dashboard components saved with a summary level set to "Label Ascending" or "Label Descending" may not display ascending/descending as expected.
1. Create a report with at least 2 summary groupings.
2. Select the option to sort your groupings either ascending or descending.
3. Create a dashboard component that uses the report created within steps 1 & 2.
4. When setting up this component, select the option to "Sort Rows By = Label Ascending" (or "Label Descending -- whichever is OPPOSITE of the sort order selected in your source report).
5. Save your changes and refresh the dashboard.
6. Notice your selected sort order is not retained.
To display the label in the desired sort order in dashboard component, sort the source report's summary field(s) by the same option as you have selected within the dashboard component (Ascending/Descending).
So, if you are sorting your field by "Ascending" in the source report, you should also be sorting by "Ascending" within your dashboard component.
Reported By (51)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.