Deactivated picklist values showing API Name in Lightning
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-4029326 ·Reported By 3 users
If you select a value in a picklist field (single or multi-select), save the record, and then go to Setup and deactivate that value, its API Name will be displayed in Lightning.
1. Go to setup and add a picklist field to any object - make sure the values and API names are different.
2. Switch to Lightning Experience and create a new record for the object and pick a value from the picklist.
3. Go to setup and deactivate the chosen value from previous step.
4. Go to the test record again and refresh the page.
5. You can see that the picklist is showing the API name of the value.
There is no workaround for Lightning at the moment.
The issue does not affect Classic.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.