When the 'forceChatter:message' component is deleted from the 'Messages' page in Community Builder, it cannot be added back
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4464189 ·Reported By 1 users
If you enable Direct Messages in your community, the Messages page will be available in the Community Builder and it will display the 'forceChatter:message' component by default.
If you delete the component, you will not be able to add it back.
1. Create a 'Customer Service' template-based community.
2. Open the community in builder.
3. Select the 'Messages' page from the drop-down (to the right of the "Community Builder" drop-down).
4. Hover over the 'forceChatter:messages' component in the body of the page.
5. Click on the 'X' icon on the corner to delete the component.
6. Once deleted, click on the 'Components' icon (lightning icon) to bring up a list of available components (standard + custom).
7. ISSUE: the 'forceChatter:messages' component is not listed, so the user cannot add the component back to the page.
Create a new Page Variation from the 'Messages' page, which will create a new page that will contain the component.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.