Automatic Topic Assignment in communities is not working with custom Data Category for Standard user
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4380565 ·Reported By 1 users
The "Automatic Topic Assignment" feature in communities is not working with custom Data Category for Standard user. It will not show the add topic feature.
This works for System Admin user and will only work if the standard user have Data Category permission set to ALL.
1. Clone the Standard User profile and gives it these perms: "Edit Topics", "View Data Categories", "Create and Set Up Communities" and "Manage Articles".
2. Assign a user to the profile created in step1.
3. Create a active DataCategory and gives it a few child category.
4. In the profile created in step1, under Category Group Visibility Settings, change the visibility to 'Custom' for the Category group created in Step3, and select only one of the child category.
5. Now, login as the user created in step2 and make sure the user is a member of a Napili community.
6. Go to Content Targeting -> Automatic Topic Assignment, select the category and notice the "Add Topic" box will not appear as well as the Save button and Cancel button.
Set Data category visibility to All.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.