Cannot save Case created via Email-to-case in Lightning if Case Source field is Editable
Last updated 2021-10-22 ·Reference W-4353537 ·Reported By 167 users
If the "Case Source" field is Editable on the Case Page Layout, in Lightning Experience the end User will receive "Review the following errors" if the Source is populated with an Email Message record.
1) Add the Case Source field to your Page Layout.
2) Change the Field Level Security for Source to make it Editable (Ensure your User has access to modify this field).
3) Enable Email-to-Case and create an Email Service Address.
4) Send an Email to the above Service Address.
5) Open the above Case in Lightning Experience.
6) Inline/Edit the record, you do not need to modify anything and hit Save.
Result: "Review the following errors" appears with no errors
7) Open the same Case in Aloha (Classic) and try the same Edit - Save.
* Note that this only occurs when the Source field contains an Email Message record relationship. If the Case Source field is blank or related to another Source entity, it will be fine.
Remove the Case Source field from the Page Layout
Reported By (167)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.