Picklist Value Set Defaults Won't Work when used on multiple objects, some of which have record types
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4388627 ·Reported By 16 users
When a Value Set is used on multiple fields across objects where some objects have record types and some do not, the default value setting will not always be respected.
1. Create a global picklist and mark one of the values as default
2. Create custom object with no record types.
3. Create a picklist field using this global picklist
4. Use the UI to create a new record, notice that the default is correct
5. Create a new custom object
6. Create a picklist field using the global picklist. Make sure all picklist values are mapped to the rec type.
7. Create a record type for the object that sets the default value the same as the GVS's default
8. Go to create a new instance of custom object, see that the default value of the picklist is not selected any more.
Don't use picklists across objects with/without record types, use values directly on the picklist themselves.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.