Journey Builder - Email Send Activity will append ".0" to whole number values specified in Decimal type Attribute
Last updated 2020-03-11 ·Reference W-4341720 ·Reported By 9 users
When sending through a Journey Builder Email Send Activity, it is possible for whole number values, e.g.: "100", to have ".0" appended when substituted into the content of the email.
This issue will only occur for Decimal type Attributes.
This issue will only occur for whole number values in the Attribute.
Attribute is named "progressVal"
Value is "50"
Email contains: <p> Progress: %%progressVal%% </p>
Email content will be: Progress: 50.0
Email content expected to be: Progress: 50
1. Create a Decimal type Attribute or Decimal type Field in a Sendable Data Extension
2. Provide a whole number value for the Attribute or Field, for a row or Contact whose email address you can access
3. Create an Email with content that includes substitution string for the Attribute or Field
4. Configure a Journey sourcing data from the DE or using the Attribute as event data
5. Add an Email Send Activity using the Email in the Journey
6. Activate the Journey, taking action sufficient to inject the data from step 2
7. Receive the email at the address from step 2, observe whole number value from step 2 now has ".0" appended
1 - Do not use a Decimal Type field -> this option may be difficult to implement after the fact.
2 - Utilize the Format() AMPScript function (or equivalent) to manipulate the value such that the ".0" is not included in the output.
For workaround 2, using the earlier example:
Original email content =
Workaround email content=
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.