Managed - Deleted error displayed for Page Layouts that exist in the managed package components
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4300450 ·Reported By 0 users
By design, developers are unable to create managed components using the same API name as a deleted managed component. At this time, however, developers are able to recreate Page Layouts using the same API name.
When the new Page Layout is added to a Managed Package, a red X will appear in the Components tab that labels the Page Layout as Managed - Deleted.
1. Login to a Developer Org
2. Create a Page Layout on an Object
3. Create a managed package, add the Page Layout, and upload as a released version.
4. Delete the Page Layout created in step 2.
5. Create a new Page Layout on the same Object, using the same Name.
6. Add the new Page Layout to the managed package, and upload a new released version.
7. Click on the Components tab of the managed package.
Note the red X indicating Managed - Deleted
The component will not prevent the package from being uploaded, however it may cause issues in upgrading the package if subscribers have the original Page Layout in their org.
To workaround this, clone the original Page Layout using a new name, and use that version in the package instead of the original layout.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.