In lightning Experience, the other related lists do not return any records, if there is an External Object RL
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3023972 ·Reported By 2 users
In lightning experience record home, if there is an External Object related list and the External object related list has zero record, other related lists do not return any records.
1. Config an External Data Source and Create a External Object.
2. Set up the External Object Connection
a. Click on External Object -
b. Click on New on Custom Fields & Relationships
i. Type: Indirect Lookup Relationship
ii. Related to: Account
iii. Target Field: MPE_EXTERNAL_ID_c (you need to create this field in account object as text/external id data type.)
iv. Length 20
v. External Name: ContactId
3. Add the External Object on the Related list on Accounts
a. Go to Accounts Page Layout
b. Go to Related List
c. Add the External Object
4. Go to Account Page Layout. Add a few standard related list (Cases, Opp, Assets) along with the External Object related list
6. Add some records to the standard related list
7. In Aloha, you should see all the related list have correct records.
In lightning experience, you should see that the standard RLs (except Contact) has no record displayed.
Although the Related Lists in Lightning display (0) records, clicking on them will actually show the related records, if any exist.
Alternatively, removing the External Object's related list from its parent Layout will allow the lists to display an accurate record count.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.