Duplicate record alert for custom object records does not show the duplicate records when using Lightning Experience and Fuzzy Match
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3255374 ·Reported By 0 users
When setting up Duplicate Management for custom objects, the standard alert for Lightning Experience will detect the duplicate records but will not display them in the alert window. This does not occur for Standard Objects.
1. Login and access Setup.
2. Create a custom object, say “Deal” from setup. Create a custom field say “Property” of type text, save, create a tab for this custom object.
3. Create a matching rule with the following criteria:
(Deal: NameEXACTMatchBlank = FALSE) AND (Deal: PropertyFUZZY: COMPANY NAMEMatchBlank = FALSE)
4. Activate the rule
5. Create a duplicate rule on the Deal object created above. Select the matching rule created above. Save and Activate rule.
6. Create a Deal record and save.
7. Switch to Lightning
8. From setup add the deals tab to the navigation menu.
9. Click Deal then New
10. Enter the same name and property value as entered in the first deal record.
11. Notice the spinner and the matching record does not display within the Duplicate Alert window.
Either switch to the classic user interface (Aloha) or update your matching rules to only use Exact Matching methods.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.