Scrolling resets when switching between tabs in Service Cloud Console on Chrome 51+
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3377518 ·Reported By 158 users
This issue affects the Service Cloud Console app in Chrome 51 and higher versions. When you switch focus from a tab to another one, then return to the first tab, the tab is scrolled to the top but it hasn't been repainted. This means if you try to scroll up nothing happens. But if you try to scroll down then it repaints and it suddenly "jumps" to the top of the page.
1. Access a Service Cloud Console
2. Open an existing Case, Contact or Account record and scroll up/down with the mouse wheel or keyboard on the record tab
You can scroll down/up the content of the account tab in this time. This is expected behavior.
3. Click back to the list view in navigation tab, or another open tab
4. Go back to the previously opened tab
5. Scroll up with the mouse wheel or keyboard on the record tab
You can not scroll up the content of the record tab in this time. This is unexpected behavior.
6. Scroll down with the mouse wheel or keyboard and you can observe that the page jumps back up to the very top and at this point scrolling functionality is returned.
Resize the page to get the scroll bar back and scroll up/down on the scroll bar to restore scrolling functionality.
Highlighting text to make the page scroll up/down also restores the scrolling functionality.
Reported By (158)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.