Salesforce for Outlook - clearing all Categories in a recurring event series in Outlook doesn't unmark for sync.
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3102402 ·Reported By 2 users
Trying to remove recurring event records from sync scope in Outlook fails when "Clearing Categories" on the record.
1. Have Salesforce for Outlook sync settings set to "Sync only the Outlook Items I select"
2. Create a daily recurring event in Outlook
3. Categorize as "Sync with Salesforce" and save the Event
4. Sync the event into Salesforce
5. In Outlook clear the Categories for the recurring event Series and save the record
6. Sync again.
7. Sync a second time and observe that the Event series is once again categorized as "Sync with Salesforce"
After clearing the Categories for the record and before saving add a space or some character to a field in the record in Outlook and save.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.