Users without at least "Read" access on Lead entity not able to send emails in Case Feed email publisher in Summer'16 release
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-3033230 ·Reported By 25 users
Users without at least "Read" access on Lead entity not able to send emails in Case Feed email publisher.
* Create a custom profile (clone it from "Standard User"), and remove all access to Lead entity in the profile
* Update Sharing Settings (OWD) for Leads/Cases to be private (I would also do this for Account just for completeness sake)
* Create a new user and assign the custom profile to that user; use the Salesforce license, and check the "Service Cloud" checkbox in user detail page. (let's call this user, Tim Service)
* Log in to your org as the System Admin.
* Create a case (and make sure you set Account/Contact for the case), send an email from case feed; all good!
* Update the case owner to Tim Service (with the custom profile), then log out.
* Log in to the org as Tim Service whom you updated in above step, go to the case as created earlier. Observe the chatter feed is empty.
* Send an email from Case feed email publisher. Observe an error to the effect of "You don't have permission to do this".
* Log in to your org as Tim Service directly.
* Create the case, send an email, it should fail exactly as Test 1.
Grant read access to lead object to the affected user profile.
Reported By (25)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.